Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Linger On


School started 31 minutes ago.
I woke up at 6:20, then somehow woke up again at 6:30. I was so tired in the shower that I decided to miss the bus and to deal with my mothers anger. I didn't have to, because Lucy had Vertigo again at ten minutes ago.

Wikipedia says:

Vertigo (from the Latin vertigin-, vertigo, "dizziness," originally "a whirling or spinning movement," from vertō "I turn"[1]) is a specific type of dizziness, a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is actually stationary with respect to the surroundings.

The effects of vertigo may be slight. It can cause nausea and vomiting and, in severe cases, it may give rise to difficulties with standing and walking.


Poor Lucy. For those of you who don't know, she's my fourteen year old dog. Vertigo is common among old dogs. She's laying in the front yard now. Her eyes dart side to side as if she's watching traffic. She threw up twice and peed twice.

Instead of song of the day it is now the song that would be playing right now on the soundtrack to my life. Pale Blue Eyes by The Velvet Underground. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNafWbdriW0

Skip a life completely.
Stuff it in a cup.
She said, Money is like us in time,
It lies, but can't stand up.
Down for you is up.
Linger on, your pale blue eyes.
Linger on, your pale blue eyes.

1 comment:

  1. that's so weird my mom gets vertigo really badly and it runs in my family!

    I hope lucy is ok!

    ReplyDelete