Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Leaves Swaying in the Breeze


I finally filled out the required forms for the RISD Pre-College Summer Program. This summer I'll be studying at the Rhode Island School of Design for 6 weeks! ...Living on campus. I'm majoring in Furniture Design. It starts June 27, and ends... 6 weeks later.
School ends on the 25, leaving me with 1 day of no school, which will probably just be packing my stuff.
I had to take a picture of myself and email it to the school for my student ID. That's why I'm on the computer.
Yesterday, after blogging, I went upstairs and read the, "No One Belongs Here More Than You," by Miranda July. It's so sad, but beautiful. It's pretty much a bunch of short stories about people who are extremely lonely, and have never loved or been loved. I googled the title, and this came up: http://noonebelongsheremorethanyou.com/
click it, it's worth your time trust me.
The book is also rather dirty, but in no way is it sexy. Just sad.
Anyway, I read that and boy did it calm me down. When I'm upset books are like tranquilizers for me. Yummy. Actually, I'm pretty content right now. "I'm nice right now."

Song: The Softest Voice, by Animal Collective.
http://www.last.fm/music/Animal+Collective/_/The+Softest+Voice

I want to make a movie around this song, just of nature...
Start the song before reading on.

Leaves swaying in the breeze, a caterpillar on bark, a beautiful girl in white walking through the green. Her hair is black. She is accompanied by two dogs, one white, one black. You can only spot her in the distance though, slightly out of focus. The forrest is dark, with dim rays, reflecting on a trickling stream.
This is a film that I know will never be made, because I'm afraid that people wouldn't have faith in the idea. It looks so nice in my head. I hope you are listening to The Softest Voice, and trying to picture it. Everything sort of glows. It's dream-like. 4 : 13 min into the song, is a portrait shot of her face, eyes closed. They open. sigh, I love when I feel this way. Balance is good.

The photo up there was taken a few weeks ago. It's the best I could find on my iPhoto to fit the description. I did a little editing.

Oh now I remember something important. I wanted to blog about this all day. There is a chance that art and music classes in grade schools will be cut due to the budget. This is tragic, and I believe will result in future generations of emotionally numb, depressed people. Actually I just realized something... most countries don't have art classes or music classes for their youth, and they're not zombies. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's still important for kids to learn how to create. If I didn't have art class throughout my childhood I would have nothing to be excited about, or to shine in.

No comments:

Post a Comment