Thursday, June 11, 2009

Computer Trash


This is one of my favorite songs right now. It's one of those songs that comes up occasionally and you really like it but can't remember the name of it. I found it today while drawing in the Senior Studio. "American Names," by Sebastien Grainger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylWldPaGKG8
Apparently I was invited to Kelzee's, and it was a formal gathering? At first I felt out of place but then it didn't matter. Could you guys tell that I was high? Cuz I wuz! Us students had to leave early though... school tomorrow. lame.
I think that there has been ten conversations today where I said I would include something specific in my blog tonight. 2 songs that are supposed to be song of the blog. American Names is neither. Ugh it's so good!! The youtube version doesn't really do it justice though. Here, try this:
http://aolradio.podcast.aol.com/aolmusic/mp3s/Sebastien_Grainger_American_Names.mp3
Yeah that is way better than the video. Forget the video.
The other song of the blog was going to be Paper Cities by Other Lives. It's good check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTZLAX_bcJI
I listened to it this morning on the bus. Such a good morning bus ride song. That is one of the best parts of the day, the morning bus ride. I've made the bus and have 30 minutes of no worries. All there is to do is focus completely on the music, and stare out the window. Paper cities is playing now and it is crazy how it can be sad and beautiful in a really unique way. It's sad sounding, but it also makes me want to smile. Try it.

In Graphics we're designing T-shirts, and mine says, "it's not easy, bein' greene." With kermit the frog from this photo. I'll be sure to post a picture of the final product.
I think I'll make Kermit my blog's mascot.
Something interesting: I found a good way to explain my poor memory. You know how your computer has a "trash" for discarded files? Well that's how my brain works. It's in there, but I decided it was trash right after it happened today so I'll have to reload it. It takes a minute.
The other possible song of the blog was Country Bat High ll by Golden Boots. it's 10:30.

2 comments:

  1. hi jeff. back when i was in high school. i loved the bus ride. i was sad when it was time to be a big girl and drive to school. i loved being able to focus on music, sometimes now my life is too busy, and i can only have back round music. i try and do the focusing thing before bed when i am in it, but depending on the album, i sometimes fall asleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you realeyesd dat I conzidur u a gud frend enuff 2 invite u 2 muh pahty

    ReplyDelete