12:49AM. painting. Harriet the Spy is playing. I forgot how great this is until it's happening.
it's something worth documenting.
I don't even want to get started again on how much I love this film. If I could somehow make it so I was the creator of one film that I did not create, just for the glory, it would be Harriet the Spy. To reach children on that level is something very few artists can achieve. The music, the lighting, the upside down shot when Harriet is spying on her parents who are trying to get Gully not to leave, the shot of Harriet collapsing into the bathtub covered in blue paint from her hateful classmates. The entire thing is perfection in my eyes. See, I got started. Stop! It makes me anxious when I think about film like this, NOW I NEED TO BE CREATING SOMETHING. back to the painting! Bye.
oh and when she screams "I'M FINE!" over and over again to her arguing parents, then throws a porcelain clown at them (I think it was a clown.) No, I love every scene. I'd list them all if I didn't stop.
Good bye!
Harriet M. Welsch: I want to remember everything. And I want to know everything.
Golly: Well, you must realize, Harriet, knowing everything won't do you a bit of good unless you use it to put beauty in this world. True or false?
Harriet M. Welsch: True.
Golly: Of course it is.
This applies to Emily F.'s latest blog. and life in general, of course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment