Sunday, February 21, 2010

Eyes wide open

I feel really nice. Sitting on my bed on a sunday afternoon. My room gets so much sunlight. My mom is jealous. It's the only sunny room in the entire house.

This vacation was good. When I feel good my thoughts really aren't that interesting, haha.

Life is an adventure. It really is. I'll probably be telling that to the grandkids one day.
I want some of my friends to see life as a spectrum. Not a timeline. High school is difficult, but it's just one small part of the grand scheme. Life is not consistently like high school. At least this is what my mom said in the car some time ago. I believe it.
Some kids are giving up now and it is way too early.

One of my best friends said that life is like this: Basically you go to school, get a job, watch tv, retire, then die.

But what about everything else??
I love everyone and everything right now, sitting on my bed in the sunlight. All I need is an open window, a small breeze giving light things a life like sway, and the sound of birds.

So what about that! Those are my favorite things. I will continue going to school. I'll get a job. I'll have kids. I'll watch tv. I'll retire. I'll die. But I will also experience so much more. I don't know what but I know it's worth doing. You can choose to have a bleak adventure and turn back early but I want mine to be great.

Things suck that can't be changed. I don't know. I can't explain this well.

Sunlight alone is a reason to live.

No matter how dark it gets the sun will come up and it will always be there to warm your skin. The world is such a beautiful place and it is infinite.

School is annoying. I must admit. I'm not excited to walk those cold white halls tomorrow morning.

The thought of summer. hmm. Just thinking of being barefoot on lush grass gets me through it.

I'm excited to live and keep living. Besides, you can't have a good story without a sad part.

Goddamn depression. Leave my friends alone.


 Iron & Wine - Naked As We Came .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


2 comments:

  1. I fully agree. life isnt just about suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sunlight alone is a reason to live."

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete