It's funny how complicated my life got. It's such a surprise compared to how I used to view life. When I was a kid I could never imagine how complex things could be.
Want to be successful? Work hard! Done!
reality:
Want to be successful? Word hard! Forget everything because even though you were reading the chapter no information was retained because you can't help but think about interesting things no matter how hard you try to focus. Take Ritalin! Become depressed while on Ritalin. Lose desire to be productive because of temporary depression. Smoke weed! Effectively make art. Still can't study though. Inevitably get a D in 17th Century Dutch Painting. Success? :/
But I guess that just means life can never be perfect, and at the end of the day I'm thankful for how good I have it, regardless of struggles. And if life was as easy as I had imagined, it would be very boring.
I just got back from my sister's house. It was her husband's 31st birthday. It's weird how quiet I am around my family. I'm not awkward, it's just that I literally cannot thinking of a way to contribute to their conversations. My mom and sister were laughing about the t-shirts in a catalogue. I didn't find them funny, so I just sat there. Something about that is sad.
My sister's kids are funny. I'm glad they like me. I don't know why they do but they do. One time my other sister Katie was babysitting them, and at night when they were watching a movie during a storm she was sure she heard someone in the house. So she told them to stay on the couch, went into the kitchen holding the hound dog Duke by the collar, got a big knife, and began slowly and suspenseful searching the house. That is hilarious. She found it was just the loose screen door making the noise, and the door to the garage was creeking. But before she could get rid of the knife, the two little girls appeared, and the youngest, Molly, asked in her 3 year old voice, "Wha? Wha? Why you? Why are you holdin' dat' behind you?" And Katie told them the truth. Completely random story.
I don't have much to say today. I've only been awake for four hours. I got up at 3PM today. Yep.
the picture is of molly.

No comments:
Post a Comment