I'm hungry but not enough to do something about it. Today I should probably set up my site-specific piece for my drawing II class. Site-specific is pretty self explanatory, it's pretty much installation art. So I'm doing mine in the woods behind my house where I used to play. In the creek that runs through my woods there is a small island. I've caught water bugs from the island, read books, played with my dog, even smoked weed during high school. So I'm going to bring an old wooden step ladder out to the island and cover it with white string lights. A ladder is an obvious symbol for growth and discovery, and the lights go along with creativity. So BAM! Creative growth! Then I'll light it up at night and photograph myself moving it around so the lights make trails and I can literally draw with the light ladder. BAM! Drawing! I'm excited, especially because Parker will be there to help me photograph it at night.
I don't think I've ever actually gone out into my woods at night. I know there are coyotes and deer and stuff, but that's not really a problem.
This vacation is already practically over. I didn't really do anything. I didn't go anywhere. I saw some friends which was cool. But I've spent most of the time in bed. Actually, this has been the perfect vacation. All I needed was lots of sleep.
I think I'll try to blog everyday from now on.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment