Tuesday, September 28, 2010
We should shine a light on
A & J means Andy and Jeff.
Tonight was good. It's 4:29AM. My unfinished cardboard chair is sitting across the room, it's back turned to me. I'm too stoned to tell a story.
Andy is sleeping over. I told her I'd write about our friendship. She's wrapped up in my greene turtle brand blanket, it's made out of sweatshirt material (cool.) She just told me to wake her up when I'm done writing. Then I asked why, because she's gunna be so tired. She said because she didn't want me to be up alone working. And it took us at least five minutes of explaining and discussion for me to understand why she wanted me to wake her up. I can't believe how nice that is. I can't decide if I should wake her up or not. I don't think I will, because I'll just be working quietly anyway and she really should sleep.
Joanna Newsom is on. I love it when the music is perfect.
I'm getting used to city noises. Everything out the window is glowing orange and black. It's rainy, so the reflections make it extra bright. Some cars drive by. Cars are so loud. Someone just walked down the sidewalk. I could hear their foot steps on the wet pavement. What the fuck. This sounds like really lame poetry. What even. When stoned babbling goes too far.
So school is actually starting to pick up. I'm pulling my first all-nighter. I'm surprised I lasted this long. I have class at 8 o fucking clock. it's 4:46. At least I'll be up in time for a good breakfast.
It's kind of overwhelming how much love I feel here. Love being the opposite of loneliness? It's overwhelming. Back home, by the end of the summer, all I remember doing was sitting on my roof at night smoking weed and cigarettes, and sitting in my room on my laptop, or rarely making a painting or some shit. My friends were awesome and stuff, but by the end of summer we had all gotten kind of exhausted. So I went from being bored and slightly lonely to all of this. Earlier this night, Andy (Andrea) and I sat on her bed and talked for two hours. I love talking for hours with someone close. That kind of stuff is what keeps me alive. I am so alive. I wish everyone could just be really comfortable and talk more often. The funny thing is, literally everyone has had at least one totally fucked up thing happen to them in their life. That fact alone makes me so much more curious about everyone.
Andy just farted.
I don't really have a point here, just so you all know.
The picture on top was taken by Kateri Quirk. Thanks kateri. That's me and Andy dancing on the orientation boat cruise. That was fun. Only I look really goofy in all of the pictures.
I have to finish my chair, and my computer is dying.
Goodnight :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment