Saturday, August 21, 2010
Mainiaxe
I went to Maine with my family. It was cool. We went to the Andrew Wyeth Museum. Andrew Wyeth is my favorite artist.
But what was really amazing was going to the Olson house, which is where he did most his paintings. He found this family with a disabled daughter. The way they lived fascinated him, and through his paintings he strived to capture the life within their home. I dunno. Recognizing scenes from some of my favorite paintings in the room I was actually standing in was surreal.
What a crazy summer it's been. Here comes college. The thought of college insane. My life is about to radically change, more than it's ever changed before. I know I'm ready, but I can't help but be nervous. More of an excited anxious nervous. Not a fearful nervous.
I don't have much to say today. Except the song Creep by Radiohead is stuck in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

GAAAAH it sounds so fun. your blog has officially made me miss maine so much. ANDREW WYETH IS AN AMAZING ARTIST. in all the time I lived there i was so ignorant to the art world, I never saw his paintings in real life. it must have been amazing to stand before them and then to see where he actually created them...wow. Jeff, i hope the best for you at college. writing class with you was extremely fun. for now, goodbye- amberlynn
ReplyDelete